Sorvall Lynx 6000 superspeed refrigerated centrifuge with a library of biocontaintment rotors:
- 6 x 100 ml, max speed 23,500 rpm (62,976 x g)
- 4 x 1000 ml, max speed 10,500 rpm (20584 x g)
- 8 x 50 ml, max speed 20,000rpm (47,850 x g)
- 6 x 250 ml, max speed 14,000 rpm (30,240 x g)
- 14 x 50 ml, max speed 14,000 rpm (33,746 x g)
- 12 x 50 ml, max speed 20,000 rpm (51,428 x g)
There are 2 Sorvall RC-5B Plus Superspeed refrigerated centrifuges.
Maximum speed ( with SA-300 rotor) is 25,000 rpm (~70,000 x g). Temperature range: from 0°C to 40°C in 1°C increments.
Library of Rotors:
- SLA-1500 SUPER-LITE Aluminum Rotor (6-Place, 250 ml, maximum speed 15,000 rpm)
- SLC-4000 SUPER-LITE Composite Rotor (4-Place, 1000ml), maximum speed 9,000 rpm
- SA-300 Aluminum Rotor (6-Place, 50 ml)
A wide range of adapters and reduction sleeves for all common tube types.
Beckman Preparative Ultracentrifuge (currently located in D240):
Provides high-velocity contrifugation with speed up to 80,000 rpm and run temperatures from 0°C to 45°C for separation of submicroscopic particles according to their densities, clarification of suspensions containing particles, isolation of cell organelles (ribosomes, mitochondria), proteins, and viruses.
AccuSpin TM Micro tabletop microcentrifuge for samples up to 2 ml. Maximum speed 16,000 rpm.
IEC HN-SII tabletop centrifuge for microplates.
DYNAC - everyone's favorite. We like to use it for cell suspensions and for flammable samples. Maximum speed 1790 rpm.
Eppendorf 5810R refrigerated centrifuge with the following rotors:
- swing-bucket rotor S-4-104 with max. speed 3,214 x g (3900 rpm), capable of spinning a load of 4x750 mL bottles
- fixed-angle rotor with 48 steel sleeves for 15 mL tubes, max. speed 5,050 x g (5,500 rpm)
- Rotor for safe centrifugation of hazardous samples, 6x50 m:, max. speed 20,130 x g (12,100 rpm), made from anodized aluminum for high chemical resistance
The Thermo Espresso centrifuge compatible with 0.2 mL to 2 mL microtubes, max. speed 14,500 x g (14,600 rpm)
Fisher Mini Centrifuge, 1.5/2.0 mL microtubes, max. speed 2,000 x g (6,600 rpm)