CHEMISTRY ALUMNI REUNION 2020
Thursday, November 19, 2020 and Thursday, February 18, 2021
Join us as we celebrate 104 years of Chemistry at UBC!
Our first virtual event will feature guest lectures from inspirational chemistry department faculty members. Come and see old friends and favourite professors, as we take a moment to recognize the outstanding accomplishments and contributions of our alumni, current students, faculty and staff.
- Date: Thursday, November 19th 2020
- Time: 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- Location: Via Zoom
Free event and prize draw! Advance registration is required.
Alumni Award Call for Nominations
This is a call for nominations for the 2020 UBC Department of Chemistry Alumni Awards. Nominations may be made by any member of the Department or alumnus of the Department. Nominations are sought for two Awards:
Alumni Award of Distinction
This award recognizes an alumnus whose accomplishments are of such excellence that they provide inspiration and leadership to students and other alumni. The recipient has shown significant leadership either in their professional career and/or community service.
Young Alumnus Award
This award recognizes a young alumnus (aged 35 or under) whose accomplishments are of such excellence that they provide inspiration and leadership to students and other young alumni. The recipient has shown significant leadership either in their professional career and/or community service.
Process, Eligibility, and Criteria:
- Nomination Package should include:
- 1-page max. describing the accomplishments of the candidate related to the stated criteria, the impact of their role, and why they should be chosen for this award.
- If available, curriculum vitae highlighting their achievements and any other relevant supporting documentation.
- Submit Nomination package via online application form
- Nominees will be put forth to Dept of Chemistry Alumni Awards Committee who will use the criteria described above to determine recipients.
- All living UBC alumni are eligible.
- Posthumous nominations will not be considered.
- Deadline for nominations : Nov 1st 2020
- To nominate a candidate, please submit the online nomination form and other supporting documents in the nomination link below.