A number of resources are available to aid in the transition from VISTA to Blackboard.
Quick Illustrated Tips
- Student view has moved!
- Changing the 'Home Page'
- Changing the 'Course Entry' point
- 'File Manager' is now called 'Content Collection'
- Creating a New 'Content Area' (of special interest if you are creating a course from scratch)
- 'Build Content': the Difference between 'Item' and 'File'
Online resources include:
- On Demand Learning Center – brief video overviews on common topics: http://ondemand.blackboard.com/
- Connect Instructor Resources: http://elearning.ubc.ca/connect/instructor-resources/
PDFs on a variety of topics relating to Blackboard 9.1:
- Understanding the Change from Vista 8 to Blackboard 9.1
- Guide to Blackboard tools
- Getting Started with a Course Moved from Vista 8
- Getting Started with Assignments
- Getting Started with Building a Test
- Getting Started with Course Content
- Getting Started with Groups
- Getting Started with the Course Environment
- Getting Started with the Grade Center