COVID-19 Update: Return to Research and Teaching
July 8, 2021
The Department of Chemistry is now following the UBC COVID-19 Safety Planning Framework to align with Step 3 of the BC Restart Plan and the COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines for B.C.’s Post-Secondary Institutions. As health and safety are the top priorities in the department, there continue to be certain restrictions to research activities in place.
Please check back for research updates to this page.
Department Health & Safety:
The following department guidelines are mandatory to ensure the health and safety of all members in the department. A check in and check out system (linked below) is required for lab members to use when entering and exiting the buildings.
- Mandatory UBC COVID-19 Training
- COVID-19 Workplace Safety Plan (updated July 2021)
- Check In/Check Out System (CHICO)
For additional UBC resources regarding COVID-19, please visit the website links below.
- For more information regarding department safety, please contact: Helen Wright (email@example.com, phone: 604-827-5216, cell: 604-345-5380)
- For questions regarding the Department of Chemistry's return to research plan, please contact a member of the Chemistry Resumption of Research Committee:
- Laurel Schafer:
- Dan Bizzotto:
- Ken MacFarlane:
- Julie McNutt:
- Tony Mittertreiner:
- Glen Sammis:
- Lily Southcott:
- Helen Wright: