COVID-19 Update: Return to Research and Teaching
Dec. 3, 2020
The Department of Chemistry is currently in Stage 2 of the phased return to research. As health and safety are the top priority in the department, there continue to be certain restrictions to research activities in place.
Please check back for research updates to this page.
Department Health & Safety:
The following department guidelines are mandatory to ensure the health and safety of all members in the department. A check in and check out system (linked below) is required for lab members to use when entering and exiting the buildings.
- Covid-19 Workspace Safety Plan
- Measures for a Safe Return to Research (updated Dec. 2020)
- UBC Science Safety Plan (updated Sep. 2020)
- Training Guidelines
- Check In/Check Out System (CHICO)
- Mandatory UBC COVID 19 Training
For additional UBC resources regarding COVID-19, please visit the website links below.
- COVID-19 and UBC's Response
- UBC's Vancouver Campus Safety & Risk Services
- UBC Research + Innovation Phased Return to Research Notices
- For more information regarding department safety, please contact: Helen Wright (firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 604-827-5216, cell: 604-345-5380)
- For questions regarding the Department of Chemistry's return to research plan, please contact a member of the Chemistry Resumption of Research Committee:
- Laurel Schafer:
- Dan Bizzotto:
- Ken MacFarlane:
- Julie McNutt:
- Tony Mittertreiner:
- Glen Sammis:
- Lily Southcott:
- Helen Wright: