On one of the few sunny days in February, staff left their desks, locked their doors, and made their way down to Cecil Green Park House for the second annual Staff Appreciation Lunch. Department staff – from administration to lab technicians – were joined by a number of faculty members and enjoyed delicious food, speeches, door prizes and stunning views.
The Appreciation Lunch serves to recognize the dedication and contributions made by staff to the Chemistry Department over the last year. Our staff members are an integral part of the Department, committing an exceptional and ongoing effort to keep things running smoothly.
In what has become a solid tradition, carefully handcrafted Molecule Trophies were distributed by Department Head Dr. Mike Fryzuk to recognize years of service (awarded in 5 year intervals). This year’s recipients were:
- Angelo Ariganello, Lab Tech – 35 Years
- Dave Tonkin, Electronic Engineering Tech – 25 Years
- Des Lovrity, Mechanical Engineering Supervisor – 20 Years
- Vivian Lai, Lab Tech – 15 Years
- Jessie Chen, Bio Services Tech – 5 Years
- Laura Partland, Assistant to Head – 5 Years
- Bojan Zimonja, Computer Systems Specialist – 5 Years
- Alan Klady, Mechanical Engineering Tech – 5 Years
Staff Committee members Derek Smith, Marjan Moulak-Zadeh and Bojan Zimonja were behind this successful event, and deserve a big thank you for planning such a memorable occasion.
Photo above: Dave Tonkin recieves his Molecule Trophy.
See more event photos below:
Staff at lunch in Cecil Green Park House.
Department Head, Dr. Mike Fryzuk
Bojan Zimonja and Derek Smith at work on a Molecule Trophy.
Mike Frzyuk, David Perrin and David Dolphin
Admin staff Kelly Sun and Laura Partland
Vivan Lai recieves her award.
Admin staff Marjan Molouk-Zadeh and Lindsay Dykstra
Derek Smith and Elizabeth Varty