Starting on Monday May 2nd 2022 Chemistry Stores will reopen for customer shopping during the hours of 9:00-11:00am and 12:30-4:00pm.
Since it has been over two years since we shifted to online ordering I’m including a refresher on how in-person shopping will function.
- Masks will be required in Stores at all times.
- The store is self-serve. You can walk in, browse through items on shelves and pick out your own items. Just like at the grocery store.
- If you are shopping for more than 5 items, we ask that you still enter a Planon order anytime before/during shopping. Start the order in the system and we can add or remove items/quantities at checkout. Having the order started in Planon will speed up your checkout time.
- There is a map of Stores showing the layout of shelving locations above the long counter in the main room. There is also a computer near the water cooler that can be used to search items and their shelf locations. If you have already placed an order, ask at the front desk for a print out of your order which will show shelf locations for items.
- Ask for staff assistance to collect ethanol or any items in locked cabinets.
- Bring your own carts if you have them and remember to use secondary containment for all solvents purchased.
- Once you have collected your items, bring them to the front counter/computer and have a staff person review and complete your order. Do not take anything out of Stores without first going through this checkout step!
- Chemistry customers only: Workday orders/package pickups are still from the 2nd row of shelves in the chemical room. Remember to sign the packing slip and leave it in one of the bins at either end of the row. Also check the freezer/fridge for items that require cold storage (packing slips will be taped to the front of the fridge or freezer).
- Stores customers: 9:00am-11:00am, 12:30-4:00pm
- ThermoFisher Supply Centre: 9:00am-11:00am, 12:30-4:00pm
We ask that you still enter an order via the Planon product store even if shopping in person. It will speed up your checkout time. Login with your CWL at this link: https://ubc-prod.planoncloud.com. If you do not have access (please check by trying to log in first), find the authorization form on the Standing Account tab of this website.
If you are authorized on an account in Planon but have lost access to Planon (due to a Workday appointment ending) you can still shop in person.
All items are listed in the Planon product store. Quantities on hand can be reviewed for all items in the product store by clicking on the item information.
- Please review this guide before your first order for help answering simple questions. Customer Quick Order Instructions
- Additional instructions for placing an order within the product store: STO 124 Requesting Stock Items from Product Store pdf
Customers will no longer be notified when an order is ready. Simply place the order and come to Chem Stores at your earliest convenience. You will be able to collect your items from the store and add to your order as needed.
Other Stores Items
Dry ice pickup (for UBC customers who need the Stores key) will only be available during the opening times above. All necessary items are now located on the long counter in the main Stores room. Dry ice deliveries will continue on the M/W/F schedule.
The laundry bin will be placed in the hallway for collection of lab coats to be laundered. Please continue to send an email with quantity and contact information as per usual process (see services tab on this website for more information). Make sure coats are clearly/permanently labelled.
Distilled water is available. Ask customer service inside Stores for details.
ThermoFisher Supply Centre
Pick up is available during the hours of 9:00am-11:00am, 12:30-4:00pm
If preferred, phone or email Elkie at email@example.com, (604) 827-2534 if you are planning on picking up an order that day. This will allow her to put aside your order and lessen the amount of time you will need to spend at the service window once arriving.
For stocked products, please contact Elkie for confirmation it is in stock before arriving. Once confirmed, and whenever feasible, please place online orders for stocked products before arriving to the service window and reference your order # when picking up. If Alex normally places orders for you, please call her before arriving with payment details.